- What is social language development?
- How the child’s individual differences impact on social language development
- How we assess language development in a social emotional context
- Why formal language assessments fall short
- How to screen social language if you are not a Speech Pathologist
- How to involve parents in the assessment process
- How to write achievable social language goals
MY THERAPY HOUSE ®
When: July 23 - July 24 2020
Where: Morphettville Racecourse Phar Lap Room, 79 Morphett Rd, Morphettville SA 5043
Day 1: An Introduction in Assessing Social Language Development in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Day 2: Strategies for Social Language Development for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The importance of a team approach for social language development
- The importance of understanding foundation skills and how to move up and down the development ladder
- Why comprehension strategies are important
- How to incorporate language development into different environments
- How to support a child’s social language development while thinking about the child’s individual profile
Before 1 May 2020
After 2 May 2020
|Full Therapist (2 Days)||$660||$715|
|Current My Therapy House® Parent (2 Days)||$450||$450|
|Day Rates - Thursday or Friday|
|Full Therapist (1 Day)||$395||$445|
|Current My Therapy House® Parent (1 Day)||$300||$300|
All Full Therapist and Current My Therapy House® Parent registrations will be entitled to:
- Entry to all programmed sessions and displays
- Programmed morning and afternoon teas and lunches on Thursday and Friday
- Certificate of Attendance
All Therapist and Current My Therapy House® Parent day registrations will be entitled to:
- Entry to all programmed sessions and displays on one day only
- Programmed morning and afternoon teas and lunches either Thursday or Friday
- Certificate of Attendance for one day only
The Registration Desk will be located in the Phar Lap Room at the SAJC Morphettville Racecourse and will open at the following times during the meeting:
- Thursday 23 July 2020: 0800 – 1700
- Friday 24 July 2020: 0800 – 1700
* These are approximate times – to be confirmed closer to the event.
Cancellations must be advised in writing to the Conference Secretariat by 1 May 2020. There is an $150 cancellation fee. Refunds will only be issued in exceptional circumstances after this date, but substitute delegates are acceptable.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Payment can be made by credit card (via secure online registration only) or by personal or organisation cheque. Please make cheques in Australian Dollars payable to: The Meeting People Trust Account.
All registrations will be acknowledged in writing. If you do not receive a written acknowledgement upon the completion of your online registration, please contact the Secretariat to ensure that your details have been received.
We suggest you make a copy of this form for your own records. Registrations will only be acknowledged once payment has been received.
FEDERAL GOODS & SERVICES TAX (GST)
Australia has a Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10%. Overseas delegates are not exempt from paying this tax. All fees and costs quoted in the brochure are GST inclusive. The Meeting People Pty Ltd is registered for GST – the ABN is 14 568 939 746. Upon payment online you will receive a tax invoice.
In case of industrial disruption or other external events causing disruption to the meeting My Therapy House® and the Meeting Managers, The Meeting People Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by delegates.
Personal information, as defined under the national privacy legislation, The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001, will be treated in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and only shared with related or third parties in accordance with those principles.
The Conference Programme and registration information is correct at the time of printing. However, the organisers reserve the right to change the information where necessary without notice.
Michele is a licensed Speech and Language Pathologist, who works primarily with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has been in private practice since 1997 and prior to that worked in an early childhood school setting.
Michele holds both a master’s degree in speech-language pathology from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois (1995) as well as an undergraduate degree in communicative disorders from University of the Pacific in Stockton, California (1993). Michele is certified as a Speech Language Pathologist and trainer/tutor for the Interdisciplinary Council of Development and Language (ICDL)as well as Profectum.
She is also a faculty member of Profectum where she trains and supports those completing certification and training. Michele is one of three co-founders of Soaring Eagle Academy, a private school for children with special needs based in Illinois, which uses developmental language intervention and incorporates the Social Emotional Language model into its academic programming ensuring each child’s unique needs are met.
Michele has an interest in developmental speech and language therapeutic work and uses the science of developmental language acquisition to guide her evaluation and intervention of children with disorders in relating and communicating.
Michele is a mother of three children and has learned the most about development and language acquisition through her interactions and experience as a parent.