Welcome to My Therapy HouseⓇ.
Because of the COVID-19 situation here in Adelaide, we are continuing to be extremely vigilant about who is able to enter the clinic. We are constantly updating our policies around our COVID-19 response.
There is evidence that COVID-19 vaccinations are preventing extreme illness and hospitalisation and we want to keep the children, families and ourselves safe as much as possible.
- All adults who come onto the My Therapy HouseⓇ premises (including the backyard) must be double-vaccinated. We strongly recommend having a booster dose 4 months (or as recommended by SA Health) after the second dose;
- All children over 12 years of age who come onto the My Therapy HouseⓇ premises (including the backyard) must be double-vaccinated;
- All children from 5 to 11 who come onto the My Therapy HouseⓇ premises (including the backyard) will be asked to at least have their first vaccination and be able to show evidence of their second vaccination booking before end of May 2022.
We will need to view up-to-date vaccination certificates for those children and parents who have not already shown us.
Masks, Personal Protective Equipment, and Ventilation
P2 and N95 masks are seen to be the best protection against the Omicron variation, which is highly contagious. Good ventilation and low CO2 levels are also important to stop the spread of the virus.
- All staff will be wearing P2 (N95) masks and eyewear at all times while with the children and families.
- Staff will be wearing masks when away from their desks.
- We have increased our ventilation on-site. We are now able to open the doors and windows as well as use big fans in between sessions when necessary to ensure CO2 levels are managed. We also have air conditioning in each room when needed.
- We have CO2 monitors we use when necessary.
- We ask everyone over the age of 12 to wear surgical masks or P2 (N95) masks. NO CLOTH MASKS PLEASE, as evidence shows these do not offer effective protection against the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
We will be conducting sessions outside as much as possible and where appropriate to increase ventilation and airflow. Surgical masks to be worn outside for all family members and clients over 12 years of age. Staff will be wearing P2 masks.
If children are under 12 years of age and want to wear a surgical mask this is encouraged. If you need some ideas on where to source child-sized masks please contact us.
Zero-Tolerance for COVID-19 Symptoms
We have children and staff who are immune-compromised, and although someone infected with COVID-19 may not be symptomatic, or might present with mild symptoms, they are still contagious which could be life-threatening to others.
Because of the increased infection rate shown with the Omicron variation, anyone arriving at My Therapy HouseⓇ with cold or flu symptoms (sniffles/runny nose, headache, cough etc) will not be permitted on the premises (including the backyard).
Staff will also need to test frequently if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
Alternative Methods of Therapy Provision
Telehealth and emailed home programmes and/or videos are available for children who cannot attend the clinic due to sickness, isolation or quarantine.
As per the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits and our Client Service Agreement, we will be charging a 100% fee if a session is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled time if the family chooses to not receive services via Telehealth or in the form of resources or videos.
If you are required to isolate as a result of COVID-19 infection or being a close contact of someone with an active infection please let us know, as we may need to cancel or reschedule more than one session.
Phoning In Before Sessions
It is very important that everyone phones us on (08) 8277 7002 or 0423 942 294 before entering the clinic. This is to ensure the rooms are ready and clean before you enter the clinic and to confirm that you have completed a Health Declaration.
Home and Community Visits
If we are holding a session at another location or in your home, all the above conditions will still apply as this is a work environment for our staff and we need to abide by Work Health And Safety Standards. Any adults, or children 12 or older, who are present during the session must wear a surgical mask while My Therapy HouseⓇ staff are on the premises.
My Therapy HouseⓇ staff will be wearing P2 (N95) masks and eyewear at all times while with the children and families.
Completing Health Declarations
We have changed our Vax & Health Declaration to reflect SA Health requirements. It is very important that this is completed BEFORE every session. All families MUST complete a health declaration before entering the premises.
If you have not received a health declaration link via email before your session please phone 8277 7002 and we will send another one.
If you and your household are in isolation as close contacts or have tested positive to COVID-19:
- You will have to stay away from the My Therapy HouseⓇ premises for 14 days, as we are a high-risk setting.
- Let us know, and we can do a session through Telehealth by coaching parents at home or working with your child through telehealth;
- We can make resources for your child during this time;
- Please let us know if you have found out about this after your session, as we may be deemed close contacts and will need to take certain precautions.
- When to get tested, and what type: Testing for COVID-19 | SA Health
- About the COVID-19 vaccines, and where to book: COVID-19 Vaccine | SA Health
- How to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations – Seeking medical help – Services Australia
- My Therapy HouseⓇ COVID-19 Operational Response
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email to email@example.com or by phoning 8277 7002.
We thank you for your patience and for working together with us to make My Therapy HouseⓇ a safe environment for everyone during this difficult time.
Director – My Therapy HouseⓇ
Together we can keep My Therapy HouseⓇ and each other COVID safe!