At My Therapy House, we take the safety of our clients seriously. A large part of this is ensuring that all of our staff undertake the necessary training to ensure that they have the most up-to-date information and skills to work with our children and families.
In addition to formal education and professional development in their respective disciplines (Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Early Childhood Education, Community Work), all staff, including admins, undertake regular training in the following areas. You can find examples of what the training covers at the links provided:
- Child Safe Environments – all our staff are trained mandatory notifiers
- First Aid and CPR – knowing what to do if there is an injury to anyone on the premises
- Manual Handling – being able to keep themselves and the children safe during sessions and when setting up and packing away equipment
- Fire Safety – knowing how and when to use a fire extinguisher and which one is appropriate
- Infection Prevention and Control – ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained to minimise the risk of the spread of infection
- Cultural Awareness – learning about working with families from different cultures
- LGBTIQA+ Awareness – learning how to use inclusive language and practices
If you have any questions or feedback about how any of our staff conduct themselves in these areas, you can email them directly, or send us feedback. You can choose to remain anonymous if you wish.