Once again thank you for participating in our 2019 Annual Client Feedback Survey. This time we had a few more dad’s complete the survey as well as support workers who work with our clients. Thank you! Now it’s time for us to feedback the results to you!
Overall we fared better in our service delivery than last year, which is great news!
Overall families rated our service as being
71.43% Excellent – indicating they were extremely happy with no changes to be made and the service meets their child’s and family’s needs
14.29% Very good indicating families were happy where maybe 1 change could be made to meet their child’s and family’s needs
14.29% Good where families felt 2 or 5 changes could be made to meet their child’s and family’s needs. We always encourage our clients to provide us feedback so we can continue to better our services and ensure we are meeting your child’s and/or loved one’s needs. Here is a general snapshot of our results.
What families reported we did well:
- Provided their children/loved ones with a safe, clean and stimulating environment both for indoor and outdoor play activities
- Were punctual, available and contactable to discuss their children’s development when needed
- Listened to families
- Were seen to be highly trained in our areas of expertise
- Helped families understand their rights as consumers and encouraged them to provide feedback
- Provided support to families to advocate for their child
- Helped parents and carers to better understand themselves and how they perceive their child and/or loved one
- Helped families understand their child’s development
- Helped families with their schedules and provided the necessary documentation on time
What we need to do better:
- Provide more parent and carer training around specific areas of need
- Help families understand their own development in areas of interaction, play and communication. Many families had significantly improved skills in this area, but were not necessarily able to see this in themselves and celebrate their achievements
- Provide more user friendly handouts and documentation about children’s development
- Provide more information about their child’s diagnosis and what this means for their child and family in particular
When respondents were asked if their child was happy to attend My Therapy HouseⓇ, over 95% of respondents indicated a clear YES!. When asked what one word their child would use to describe My Therapy HouseⓇ, responses included fun, play, safe, happy, caring, kindness, self discovery, enjoyment, refreshing, independence, my happy place, acceptance and love.
We are always open to suggestions and feedback about how to make My Therapy HouseⓇ a better experience for clients and families. With the ever changing NDIS requirements, we are always tweaking our documentation and reporting styles to meet the government’s requirements and ensure our family’s receive the most up to date information using family friendly language when possible.
In the upcoming year, we will endeavour to provide more training for families about their specific areas of need and interest and/or to source others who are able to do so.
Thank you to all the families for participating in the survey. We welcome ongoing feedback either verbally or by means of our suggestion box. It is the families and clients, as much as the staff and environment which makes My Therapy HouseⓇ a special , fun and safe place to enable the children’s, parents’ and staff development.