- environments which optimise their child’s learning and development;
- their child’s and their own sensory motor profiles and how these interact and influence each other;
- their child’s visual spatial perception;
- their child’s body awareness;
- their child’s motor planning and sequencing and
- how all of these influence their child’s ability to engage with others, learn, play and carry out activities of daily living.
Our DIRFloortime® trained Occupational Therapists understand that regulation is the foundation for play and interaction. They use assessments to help parents understand their child’s sensory processing profile, and strategies to support their child’s regulation.
They work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to support the child’s development and experiences through their body to facilitate:
- language development and
We also refer to other services if we see the child would benefit from support from other specialists in this area.
Please contact us for more information.