- environments which optimise their child’s learning and development
- their child’s and their own sensory motor profiles and how these interact and influence each other
- their child’s visual spatial perception and
- their child’s body awareness
- and how all of these influence their child’s ability to engage with others, learn, play and carry out activities of daily living
- their child’s motor planning and sequencing
Our DIRFloortime® trained Occupational Therapist understands that regulation is the foundation for play and interaction. She uses assessments to help parents understand their child’s sensory processing profile and strategies to support their child’s regulation. She works as part of the multi-disciplinary team to support the child’s development and experiences through their body to facilitate regulation, language development and play. We also refer to other services if we see the child would benefit from support from other specialists in this area. Please contact us to find out more information.