Come and work for one of the 2023 Australian Allied Health Awards Finalists!
Role Overview and Purpose:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a speech pathologist and occupational therapists to join the My Therapy House® team on ideally a permanent full-time basis commencing in January 2024. My Therapy House® provides professional, fun relationship-based family centred services to young children (0-9 years of age) with intellectual, emotional, physical, and/or developmental disabilities and their families. We work as a multidisciplinary team using co-therapy as one of our approaches.
Our frameworks include DIRFloortime®, Marte Meo, Hanen, Sensory Motor Processing, Language and Speech Development and Play. Our programs are individually tailored to suit both the child’s and family’s profile, needs, aspirations and goals. We work collaboratively with other professionals within the early intervention, disability, allied health and community sectors.
Join a business and our team that genuinely cares about you as a person and also about your professional and personal development. We are enjoying a phase of growth at present and consequently expanding our multidisciplinary team, embracing therapy and interventions that are goal-based and use the latest based evidence.
To be considered, you must have/be:
- A fully registered and qualified Speech Pathologist or Occupational Therapist with an interest in working with children and families
- Initiative, strong work ethic, and the ability to positively interact and collaborate in a supportive team environment
- A genuine, passionate and caring individual able to work with children and families
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and clear report writing skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills,
- Keen to be part of a very special and unique community of staff, clients and families.
- Generous base salary + travel allowance + superannuation + salary sacrifice available
- Friendly, caring and supportive environment, working with professionals who genuinely care about making a difference
- Flexibility with days and hours worked
- Opportunity to develop clinical skills in specific clinical areas of interest
- Well-resourced clinic with access to a wide variety of assessment and therapy materials
- Support and mentoring from committed senior team members as well as external supervisors
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Current Certification and Clinical Membership with Speech Pathology Australia, or AHPRA and Occupational Therapy Australia
- First Aid Training
- Current Child Safe Environment Training
- Current Police Check (Child-Related Employment Screening) and NDIS Worker Screening
- Preferred knowledge in DIR® Floortime ™, Hanen Parent Training Programs, Attachment theory and practices, Marte Meo
- Preferred training and experience in parent-child attachment and relationships
If you are interested in any of these positions or would like to know more about us, we would love to hear from you. Please apply through Indeed with your resume and cover letter or email us directly, for a confidential discussion.
Founder & Speech Pathologist
A job description can be provided on request.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Employee mentoring program
- Professional development assistance
All staff to be fully vaccinated as per NDIS requirements.
- Bachelor Degree (Minimum required, new graduates welcome to apply)
- Driver Licence (Required)
- Australia (Required)
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 29/01/2024
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter for a confidential discussion.